Winning Strategies for Online Success!
Checklist for Preparing Your Effective Email Newsletter Campaign
Sending out creative and thoughtful email campaigns is an effective way of keeping in-touch your people. Before sending out your next email newsletter campaign, take a few minutes to review it against this checklist. One minor tweak may change the response rate exponentially.
Email Look and Feel
- Does your email include your company’s logo and colors?
- Is the layout of your email easy to follow?
- Does your email include your company’s contact information and location?
- Did you test your email layout in all the latest browsers?
From and Subject Lines
- Does your email address and “From” line reflect your company name or domain name?
- Does your subject line fit in 5-8 words, 40 characters?
- Does your subject line include your company name or domain name?
- Does your subject line state a specific benefit?
- Did you avoid words and punctuation that trigger spam filters?
- Did you include the recipient’s name at the top of the email content?
- Is your message meaningful to the people on your email list?
- Is your message easy to understand?
- Is it clear what action you would like your people to take? Do you want them to call you, print out a coupon, or register for an event?
- Is it clear how to take the action you desire?
- Did you state a specific benefit if your people take the desired action?
- Is there a time limit to take the desired action?
Proofreading and Checking
- Did you proofread your content and your “From” and “Subject” lines?
- Did you check all hyperlinks to see that they work and that they go to the desired location?
- Did you create both an HTML version and a text version of your email campaign?
- Did you send yourself test emails in both formats?
- Are you prepared to follow through on questions?
- Are you prepared to follow through on the actions taken by your people?
If you have answered, “Yes!” to all the items on this list, congratulations! It is now time to send out your email campaign.
Haven’t setup your email account yet? Go here to register with Constant Contact or here to register with Aweber.
Download the Checklist for Preparing Your Effective Email Newsletter Campaign in .pdf format here…
Posted on March 27, 2013 | Permalink | Join email list
More WebTip Posts